If you need to self isolate, NHS England offers the following advice:
- plan ahead and ask others for help to ensure that you can successfully stay at home
- ask your employer, friends and family to help you to get the things you need to stay at home
- stay at least 2 metres (about 3 steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible
- sleep alone, if that is possible
- wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water
- stay away from vulnerable individuals such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions as much as possible.
You do not need to let NHS111 know you are self isolating and you will not need testing for the Coronavirus if you are staying at home.
If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111.
For a medical emergency dial 999